Instant Volume: Products and Techniques

Most love thick, full, or voluminous hair but only some are born with that gift.  The good news is there are plenty of solutions...

Switch your normal shampoo to a volumizing one for a little boost.  It's not the most drastic volumizer but it works, especially if you mix it with other techniques.  I use the herbal essences volumizing shampoo which I feel has worked best for volume but I also use the Organix "thick and full", to be honest I don't notice any changes for volume but i did notice how healthy my hair is after using this.  If you know of one that works better please share in the comments below.

Another product I use is the Aveda "brilliant" medium hold hairspray.  I use it when blow drying and it works amazing.  It's a miracle product!  It gives my hair like five times its original volume.  It works really good on my hair but my hair isn't really thick so if your isn't like mine find the equivalent of this product for your hair type.  But if you do use this then make sure to follow the next technique.

Blow drying your hair upside down help a tiny bit but not too much, HOWEVER mixing this technique with product helps a lot.  Apply the product you use (for me it's the brilliant Aveda spray)  and blow dry your hair upside down for even more volume.

Dry Shampoo is another product that adds volume.  If you are lazy with your hair (I'm guilty of that sometimes) it works double.  Absorbing excess oil and volumizing!  I use "Batiste" which I feel is one of the best brands for this product.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

There's also this herbal essence volumizing foam I know somebody who uses it I've tried it once but I find that I don't rlly need it

Unknown said...

But if u find any products that help with sleek/smoothness let me know! Because you hair is so nice and smooth!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.